Monday, February 7, 2011

Marathon: Green Bay in May

The cats are spraying inside the house and the salt on the car is wearing off in spots: ah, the precursors of spring.

The eight kitties who call our home theirs would have less cabin fever if they were training for a marathon. I run only two days a week (week seven starts today) and find that's enough to see the season's subtle change: salt build-up is crunchier underfoot.

I cover my face with Eucerine 'cause you KNOW the whipping wind will dry the lips and coax out tears and snot. "Where did you get your tan?" I've been asked. But it's just the sweet potatoes and the winter wind.

Change of plan: signed up for the Cellcom Green Bay Marathon, May 15. That's two weeks earlier than the Madison Marathon I had been considering.

Mileage: 81 miles run, 307 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment